Google Camera is a camera app for Google Pixel phones. It has official support for advanced features like Astrophotography and several others. Now, the company is rolling out a new update for one of the most popular MODs in the Gcam community – UltraCVM which offers HDR + mode, Astrophotography as well as a wide variety of controls to improve image quality.
Pixel smartphones are known for their superior cameras which capture great photos without any high-tech hardware. In fact, the secret to the greatness of Pixel phones lies in the Google Camera or Gcam app which offers better HDR image processing and nightscape mode.
What is Gcam?
For those who don’t know, the Gcam is a ported version of the Google camera app that offers features like HDR + and Astrophotography. Thanks to the Gcam, Pixel smartphones produce better images than other handsets.
So, Gcam is a modded version of Google Camera app which you see on Pixel smartphones. Gcam Mod brings some Pixel-specific camera features to other Android smartphones. There are several variants of the Gcam available on the web, some aimed at multiple Android devices, while others are tailor-made for a single smartphone.
What is UltraCVM Mod?
According to the XDA Forum, ” UltraCVM is an ongoing project to build a Gcam that will meet extreme imaging tool needs aimed at exceptional quality for most of the latest sensors used in flagship devices. Based on their respective and known developers, retain and extend their features. “.
Compared to other Gcam mods, UltraCVM Mod brings a new interface and some powerful features. The new Gcam mod will help professional mobile photographers to take more amazing photos with their smartphones. The Gcam Mod (UltraCam V5.1) is a complete rework on the base GCAM 7.3.
GCAM Basic Features 7.3 Mod
Below are the basic features of GCam 7.3 MOD:
- Automatic DND mode when using video recording.
- UI settings reset.
- Can record video at 24 frames per second.
- Exposure control to adjust brightness and HDR of your photos.
- Astrophotography is applied to Night Sight.
- Receive Frequent Faces to help you take Top Shot photos.
- Touch and hold the shortcut on the shutter button to take the Best Photo photo.
UltraCVM V.5.1 update features:
- Recalculate the S5K3l6 black level
- Added imx471 & imx689 noise models
- Set the imx363 noise model as default for unsupported devices
- Further DR experiments
- More detailed experiments
- Added a wide range of radius variance denoisers & advanced alignment denoisers
- Added awb redpoint setting to the patcher: You can now try to compensate for the pink / purplish tint on the Samsung sensor by slightly reversing the colors
Other Features UltraCVM MOD
Beautiful UI: This mod brings a major design overhaul compared to the standard Gcam which offers lots of features and intuitive settings.
Manual settings: Ultra CVM 5 provides controls for adjusting shutter speed, exposure, ISO, and Focus.
Support for RAW: Users can select lossless RAW mode to retain all detail of the shot.
Xiaomi API2 camera and AI key support: Allows Xiaomi device owners to customize certain manual controls on the camera
Astrophotography: This one made a splash with the introduction of the Pixel 4 series last year. This mode allows the camera to take shots of celestial objects, such as stars, in darker conditions.
List of compatible devices
Below is a list of devices compatible with GCam (UltraCam 5.1):
- OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro
- OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Pocophone F1
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro
- Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K20 and K20 Pro)
- Redmi K30 aka Poco X2
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10 e Galaxy S10 +
- Galaxy Note 10 e Note 10+
- Moto X4
- Moto G6 and G7 Series
- LG V20, LG V30
- LG G8, LG G7, LG G6
You can also try it on your Android 9+ smartphone. Some features may be available for all devices while others are not.
How to Download and Install GCam (UltraCam 5.1)
It is very easy to download and install this new mod (UltraCam 5.1) like other GCam mods, it also supports XML configuration. Before trying to install the mod, you have to make sure that you have support for camera2 API on your smartphone. There are many solutions on the Google Play Store to test the capabilities of your camera2 API. You can download GCam (UltraCam 5.1) from the link below:
Download: UltraVCM 5.1 MOD
To download and install this APK, you need to follow these steps:
- Download the APK provided (Click Save As)
- Select and Install (you will be prompted with a request to allow installation of applications from external sources, don’t worry the application is safe).
- Open Google Camera (Once the icon appears on your launcher)
For older versions of Android, you can try and download the Gcam 7.2, 7.1, or any mod that is compatible with your version.
Now, you can enjoy this mod including Astrophotography feature and 24FPS recording mode on your Android device.