As we all know, one of the reasons why online shopping is so popular is the ease with which it can be done anywhere and anytime. So that now many traders are starting to sell their products on the internet.
Not only merchants, consumers now prefer to shop online. Especially online, we can shop for foreign products. But unfortunately, when shopping abroad there are obstacles in the payment.
Because both the seller and the buyer must have PayPal to be able to make payments. Well, for those of you who don’t know what PayPal is, just take a look at it!
What is a PayPal account?
Surely you are wondering what PayPal is? Yups, PayPal is a virtual account which of course provides services for financial transactions on the internet for between countries.
Until now, PayPal is still the prima donna for virtual payment instruments in various countries. Its services are similar to e-wallet applications which can only be used in certain countries.
But using PayPal you can send or receive money between countries. Because PayPal’s security also has a very guaranteed level.
It’s rare to hear the news of a world-class hacker who can hack this PayPal service. So it’s not surprising that so many online shop owners use the PayPal service too.
What is PayPal for?
Well, PayPal functions for certain businesses, buyers, and individuals. In addition to facilitating the online transaction process, here are the uses of PayPal:
An alternative to the payment method on its online shop website.
Can accept payments via credit card without having to go through the submission process at the bank.
Useful for collecting information on the buyer.
Payment is more flexible because it can be from bank accounts, debit cards, and credit cards.
Can be a means of payment on online buying and selling sites between countries.
As a tool for sending money between countries.
Can be a tool to raise social funds or community activities.
As a tool for receiving money from income from the internet. Examples such as Google AdSense and so on.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using PayPal
After you know the PayPal function and are still hesitant to use it, it doesn’t hurt for you to first know the advantages and disadvantages of using PayPal.
Well, here we discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using PayPal:
1. Advantages of Using PayPal
There is nothing wrong if you want to use PayPal. Because here are the advantages of PayPal:
- Send money faster
- More flexible because payment can be done without a credit card
- Credit card information is more secure
- Available in applications as well as browsers
- Free annual fee
- Paying for auctions or online purchases in various countries is easier
- There are many discounts
2. Disadvantages of Using PayPal
Actually, there is no harm in using PayPal, there are only drawbacks to using PayPal. Well, here are the drawbacks of PayPal:
- Time-consuming withdrawal process
- The difficulty of using PayPal
- Fee is a big one
- Add Fund other than US Bank, it is more difficult
- PayPal refunds that can harm the seller
- There are restrictions on PayPal or Limited Access accounts
PayPal Account Types
You also need to know before creating a PayPal account, there are 3 types of PayPal accounts. Well, here is an explanation of the types of PayPal accounts:
With a personal account, you can send and receive money made on online shopping sites like eBay. Because there are several sites that do not accept debit or credit card payments.
Oh yeah, even on a personal account you won’t be charged a transaction fee! However, there is a limit to receiving incoming money every month.
Next, the premier account is not much different from a personal account. It’s just that with this account you can accept and make payments using credit and debit cards.
Not only that, you can also use facilities such as shopping carts and reports or reporting tools. So that the income and expenditure of money on PayPal is well identified.
Next is a business account. If this account is very suitable for those of you who open an online business. For this type, you can use your business name!
Apart from that, you can also take advantage of reports and other tools. However, for this account, you will be charged a service fee every month, guys.
Difference between Verified and Unverified PayPal Accounts
Just like other virtual account services, PayPal also requires credit or debit card verification. However, if the PayPal account has not been verified you can still use it.
It’s just that PayPal that has not been verified (Unverified) has limited use, there will be limits, failed transactions, and cannot subscribe to certain services.
Unlike the verified (Verified) PayPal account, you will use it more freely. Because there is no limit, you can even subscribe to whatever is available.
Now, to be able to make your PayPal account verified you must connect it with a debit or credit card that already has the Visa, MasterCard, and other logos.
When doing this PayPal verification you also need to make sure that the account has a minimum balance of $ 3. Because later PayPal will test it by requesting a transfer and if successful, the balance will be returned to your debit or credit card account.
So, if the balance in your account is not enough, then PayPal will be forced to reject your verified request. To differentiate you from using PayPal Verified and Unverified, you can see the following:
PayPal Verified (Verification)
- There is no transaction or transfer limit
- There is no balance limit
- Support for all PayPal payments
- It’s easier to withdraw balances to local banks
- Can renew debit and credit cards every 5 years according to valid limits
PayPal Unverified (Unverified)
- Limited transaction limit, only $ 100
- The limit for receiving funds is limited, a maximum of $ 500
- Some marketplace or merchant payments cannot
- Cannot withdraw balances to local banks
Well, now you know what PayPal is, its functions, and so on. If you want to create a PayPal account but don’t have a credit card, let’s just see the steps!
How to Register a PayPal Account Without a Credit Card
- 1. you visit the site ‘ paypal.com/home ‘ and click the ‘ Register ‘ button in the upper right corner.
- 2. after you select the type of account you want. For example here choose ‘ Personal ‘, if already click the ‘ Next ‘ button.
- 3. here is what you need to make PayPal. For example, here choose ‘ Individual Seller/freelancer ‘. If you have clicked the ‘ Next ‘ button.
- 4. then enter your active number for the verification process. If you have clicked the ‘ Next ‘ button.
- 5. then enter the verification code correctly.
- 6. then fill in your data starting from your email, name, and password. If you have clicked the ‘ Next ‘ button.
- 7. then enter data on date of birth, nationality, type and identification number, and complete address. If you have clicked the ‘ Agree and create an account ‘ button.
- Well, now your PayPal account is ready 🙂
Oh yes, to be able to withdraw money that comes in PayPal, you need to connect your bank or active account. Well, here’s how to connect an account number on PayPal:
How to Connect a Bank Account on PayPal
- 1. you click the ‘ Wallet ‘ menu.
- 2. after that click on the ‘Connect bank’ feature.
- 3. then click ‘ Connect bank account ‘.
- 4. then enter your account data starting from your name, bank code and account number. If you have clicked the ‘Connect Your Bank’ button. After that, wait for the verification process from the bank to finish!
So, how about smart friends? It’s really easy to create a PayPal account. Oh yeah, don’t forget to share this article with your friends 🙂