Doing a hard reset is useful if at any time your cellphone forgets the password pattern which results in the locked screen unable to be opened, or other minor problems when an error occurs in the system. Hard reset is resetting the cellphone like when we just bought it, so files, applications, and others stored in the cellphone memory will be erased and all clean.
A hard reset is very useful in an emergency, but many people, especially Xiaomi users, don’t know how to do a factory reset / hard reset. Quiet! Here we will try to help you to do a hard reset on your Xiaomi cellphone.
But before that, make sure the data that is stored on your internal memory, friend, have been backed up, okay? Because of the risk of a hard reset, your cellphone will not choose to delete anything.
OK, without lingering, just take a look at the end of some hard reset methods on the xiaomi cellphone!
How to Hard Reset on Xiaomi ?
- The first step, please, friend, first turn off your Xiaomi cellphone.
- Next, enter the Xiaomi recovery menu. How to? The trick is to press and hold the Power + Volume Up button simultaneously until the Xiaomi logo appears. After that you enter Mi recovery.
- Later the language options will appear, select “English”.
- Then do a Hard Reset (Wipe data), please select Wipe data / Factory Reset , then select All Wipe Data then confirm the choice by pressing the Yes button .
- Wait for the Hard Reset (Wipe Data) process to finish, if the process is complete, please reboot your xiaomi cellphone.
- Done! My friend’s xiaomi cellphone was successfully reset.
Also Read: HOW TO FIND PUBLISHER OF WEBSITE
In addition to the hard reset / factory reset method for your Xiaomi cellphone above, you also have a way to reset your xiaomi device very easily. Are you curious about how? Just take a look below!
Reset Via the Settings Menu
- The first step, please go to the settings on your Xiaomi cellphone, friend. or you can click the gear icon on the menu screen.
- Then scroll down and tap Additional Settings.
- Next, please select Backup & reset.
- Then tap Factory reset.
- Finally, reset the phone to completely reset your Xiaomi device.
- Wait for it to finish, and it works! My friend’s Xiaomi cellphone has successfully done a hard reset!
Apart from the two methods above, we will also share the last method you can follow to reset / factory reset your Xiaomi cellphone!
How to Reset Xiaomi via Mi Cloud
This third method seems to be rarely used by Xiaomi users. It could be because you are not familiar, or it could be because you find it easier to reset through the settings on your cellphone.
To be able to reset via Mi Cloud, you need to access the Mi Cloud site via a laptop or PC. And of course you also have to sign in using your Mi account. Therefore, you have to make sure the Mi account you are using is the same as the one you are using on the cellphone that you want to hard reset.
How do you do it?
- First, please open the browser using a laptop / PC. If so, please visit here Mi Cloud Site https://i.mi.com/
- Next, please buddy, click “Sign in with Mi Account.” type the email or mobile number you use in your Mi account. After that, type the password, then click “Sign in.”
- If so, my friend, select “Find device” in the menu after you successfully enter the Mi Cloud page.
- Then wait a few moments until the Xiaomi type detected by Mi Cloud appears. Usually it will be displayed in the upper right corner of the Mi Cloud page.
- Then you have to click “Wipe device” which is in a row of four menus below. Because here my friend will do a hard reset.
- Finally, a new page will appear showing some of the data that will be deleted. If you are sure to reset your Xiaomi cellphone, please click “Wipe.”
Then the reset process will run and the cellphone will automatically reboot after the reset process is complete. How? Really easy right?
Note: To do the two methods above, namely resetting the xiaomi device, make sure your cellphone has a battery of at least 50% so as not to interfere with the reset process that is taking place later. Make sure you have charged your cellphone first!
The final word
Hopefully, the discussion on how to Hard Reset or Factory Reset Xiaomi above is easy to follow! If you have another way, please share it with all of us via the comments column below. Okay, thank you and good luck!?