WhatsApp application developers continue to bring up features that users really want. In addition to the dark mode feature, a much-awaited feature is the WhatsApp lock with fingerprints.
Not be left out of the first iOS has a feature touchID and faceID to lock WhatsApp. Now it’s Android’s turn to get fingerprint biometric security features to lock and unlock WhatsApp.
After it was first released for iOS, and the WhatsApp beta program. Finally, this feature was officially released for all Android smartphone users.
The importance of WhatsApp privacy
Privacy is the main important point, especially for instant messaging applications like WhatsApp.
The reason is simple, do not want anyone to read or just open our conversation on WhatsApp.
Luckily, WhatsApp now provides a built-in feature to lock the WhatsApp application. No need for Applock applications and the like.
- 7 Ways to earn Money from the Internet Without Any Capital
- 10 Best Camera Applications for Android 2020
- 9xmovies 2020 – Bollywood Hindi, 300MB Movies..
How to lock WhatsApp with a fingerprint
- Open the WhatsApp settings ( Whatsapp settings ), it is located in option three, in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the account option ( account ), then choose privacy ( privacy )
- Scroll down, you’ll find the option key fingerprint ( fingerprint lock ). By default this feature is dead.
- You just need to activate it.
- After activating it, you will be asked to verify your fingerprint.
- You can choose the time lag before WhatsApp automatically locks, the choices start from 1 minute, and 30 minutes.
- At the bottom will show the show content in notification option. If you want the notification message to still appear, activate this option, and vice versa.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does my WhatsApp not have a fingerprint feature?
The fingerprint feature was released from WhatsApp version 2.19.222 which was sent directly on Google Playstore.
So all you have to do is update the version of WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- I have already updated WhatsApp, why hasn’t the fingerprint lock feature appeared?
If after updating the WhatsApp version, but there is no fingerprint lock feature. It’s a good idea to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive, then reinstall WhatsApp.
- This fingerprint locking feature is only available for Android phones that have a fingerprint sensor and run on Android 6.0 and above systems.
- You need to know, you can still pick up WhatsApp phone directly, even in a locked state.
After the fingerprint lock feature, WhatsApp will continue to release a list of features that many users want. Starting from the dark mode WhatsApp, balloon notifications like Facebook messenger.
Let’s wait for this feature in the next WhatsApp releases. It may be useful.
Come share this article with your friends and relatives