Signal Private Messenger APK Download (Android)
January 14, 2021Tech Guide
January 14, 2021Tech Guide
Explore this Article+
Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instant communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice / video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help keep you connected. Signal’s latest privacy-preserving technology is always on, so you can focus on sharing important moments with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – Advanced end-to-end encryption (powered by open source Signal Protocol ™) keeps your conversations safe. Privacy isn’t an optional mode – it’s just how Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Do it fast – Messages are sent quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal optimized to operate in the most confined environments.
• Don’t hesitate – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 non-profit organization. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisement. No trackers. Not kidding.
• Be yourself – you can use your existing phone number and address book to communicate with your friends safely.
• Speak Up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel even closer.
• Whispering in shadows – Switch to dark theme if you refuse to see light.
• Sound familiar – Select a special alert for each contact, or turn off the sound completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about him in 1964, and you can experience a silent sound whenever you want by selecting “None” as your notification ringtone.
• This Image – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so you can add more than 1,000 words to your already treasured images.
[mks_button size=”large” title=”Signal APK Download” style=”squared” url=”https://androidalexa.com/signal-apk-download/” target=”_self” bg_color=”#000000″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”1″]
The CHIP editorial team says:
Signal is an Android messenger with end-to-end encryption that also allows telephony and secure video chats.
While Signal was initially used as a pure SMS encryption service under the name TextSecure, “Signal – Secure Messenger” is now a standalone messenger that has now received the highest recognition and is regularly recommended by whistleblower Edward Snowden, for example.
The application masters all common messaging features – from text messages to sending pictures and documents to group chats and telephone and video conference functions.
The main focus, however, is on security: thanks to end-to-end encryption, the developers guarantee that your data will not be accessed by the server and will not be saved.
The question better or not cannot be answered that easily. Ultimately, it depends on how many contacts in your environment can be reached with which messenger. At the moment, WhatsApp is usually significantly more.
When it comes to data protection, Signal is known for its end-to-end encryption and is often recommended by security and privacy experts. Thanks to several security features, the app itself should not have any information about who is chatting with whom and about what.
WhatsApp is certainly still a step ahead when it comes to the range of functions.
Yes, like WhatsApp, Messenger can be used completely free of charge. The service is funded by donations and comes without advertising.
Signal is operated by the non-profit Signal Foundation. The aim of the foundation: to guarantee all people the free exchange of opinions in a protected private sphere.
Recommended for you
3.6 ★ • 146APPS
★ • 233APPS
★ • 316APPS
4.8 ★ • 214APPS
4.8 ★ • 286APPS
4.8 ★ • 237APPS
4.8 ★ • 199APPS
4.8 ★ • 242APPS
4.8 ★ • 358APPS