The Battle for Azeroth expansion introduces several playable Allied Races in World of Warcraft. They start at level 10 and can be unlocked after completing several prerequisites.
In this guide, we invite you to find everything you need to know about the allied Zandalari Troll race, including how to obtain it, the playable classes, the different racial traits, or the ancestral armor set.
The Zandalari Trolls have been available since the arrival of patch 8.1.5, Wednesday, March 13, with the Kul Tirans.
Allied Races: All Guides
Find here the different guides of the allied races, and use our unlocking tool of the allied races to follow your progress.
Unlock the Allied Zandalari Troll Race
In order to unlock the allied Zandalari Troll race, you must complete several prerequisites. Feel free to use our Allied Races tool to check your progress on your account.
Prerequisites to be completed
- Validate the Zandalar achievement meta forever! which requires to perform all the chapters of the continent of Zandalar, following quests door Blood and Zandalar scenario forever.
- Finish the military campaign of the Horde 8.1 patch.
- After having validated the previous prerequisites, complete the series of quests specific to this allied race that begins at the Embassy of Orgrimmar.
Once all the prerequisites have been validated, you complete the achievement Allied Races: Zandalari Trolls. You can now create Zandalari Trolls.
Zandalari Trolls can play in nine different classes.
Zandalari Paladin Trolls have a new mount just for them, the Crusader’s Direhorn.
Zandalari Trolls have four new racial traits.
- Embrace of the Loa: Choose from among the Loa by making an offering at Loa shrines around the world. Each Loa grants unique powers (5 days cooldown).
- (Passive) Akunda’s Embrace: Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target for additional health.
- (Passive) Bwonsamdi’s Embrace: Your damage abilities have a chance to deal with Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage dealt.
- (Passive) Gonk’s Embrace: Increases movement speed by 5%.
- (Passive) Kimball’s Embrace: Your damage abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed, dealing damage over 6 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
- (Passive) Krag’wa’s Embrace: Taking damage has a chance to grant you bonus health and increase your Armor.
- (Passive) Embrace of Pa’ku: Your abilities have a chance to grant you 4% critical strike chance for 12 sec.
- Regeneration: Regenerates 100% of your maximum health over 6 sec. Interrupted by the damage received. The heal is light when launched and increases as it goes.
- 2.5 minutes of charging
- Air Booster: Reduces fall speed for 2 min.
- Instantaneous; 15 minutes of charging
- (Passive) City of Gold: Increases the gold obtained from monsters by 2%.
Sanctuary locations in Dazar’alor
Sanctuaries in Zandalar
The locations of the shrines below are for Dazar’alor only. However, you can also activate the passive thanks to the shrines of the Loa scattered throughout the various zones of Zandalar.
If you level an allied race from level 10 to level 50 without using sesame or level gifts, you get an ancient armor set. This is a cosmetic set specific to the Allied Race that you have advanced that can only be used by the Allied Race. There is no class restriction.
The Zandalari Direhorn Mount IconZandalari Direhorn is the racial mount of the Zandalari Trolls. You can get it at the end of the Allied Race Quests. Once unlocked, the mount can be used by all of your Horde characters.